SmexehDanceParty - A Gaming Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VoIP Alternatives - Vent Expiring in November

+3
GrahamCrakaz
Manneh_Jr.
Manneh
7 posters

Go down

VoIP Alternatives - Vent Expiring in November  Empty VoIP Alternatives - Vent Expiring in November

Post  Manneh Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:46 pm

As most of you know our vent server expires in November.

As of now we have three options

1. Move to an abandoned vent server. (69.90.96.50:????) - Xyency or Grimm might have these servers.
  2. Someone can be kind enough and rent a 20 slot vent server or help Chris pay for another one, unlikely though.
  3. Lastly, we could use GSC, an alternative to Ventrilo with more options but takes up more space.

1. The abandoned vent servers only have 10 slots. There are at least 10 people that usually go on vent every day.

2. Chris can only get the money through PayPal and he doesn't go on frequently to talk to him. Only other way to reach him is if you live in his city.

3. GSC - Takes up 96K memory while Vent takes up 8K. However, it is completely free and by creating a server, you will have 200 slots, well more than enough to fit our Combat Arms clan. Could fit many other games, if this clan does expand to games such as Vindictus and Combat Arms.

To use GSC, you are required to sign up at their site and download their client. If we do choose this option, use your IGN or something near it to which we can identify you with.
Manneh
Manneh
SmexehDanceParty Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

VoIP Alternatives - Vent Expiring in November  Empty Re: VoIP Alternatives - Vent Expiring in November

Post  Manneh_Jr. Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Ima try to get my friend thats only 13 (SMART-ASS) to get us a free TeamSpeak Server.

IMO TeamSpeak is alot easier to use. But I will see.

If not, Than I will TRY to see if I can chip in some bucks and buy us a 20 Slot Vent Server...
Manneh_Jr.
Manneh_Jr.
A Name Known to All
A Name Known to All

Back to top Go down

VoIP Alternatives - Vent Expiring in November  Empty Re: VoIP Alternatives - Vent Expiring in November

Post  GrahamCrakaz Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 pm

My friend has a 100 slot private server is Combat Arms EU (I was born there gimme some credit), im gonna see if theres anyway he can transfer me the info and if we can use it here. GO RUSSIANS!
GrahamCrakaz
GrahamCrakaz
Has A Brilliant Future
Has A Brilliant Future

Back to top Go down

Post  Manneh Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:49 pm

_uMadBrah- wrote:Ima try to get my friend thats only 13 (SMART-ASS) to get us a free TeamSpeak Server.

IMO TeamSpeak is alot easier to use. But I will see.

If not, Than I will TRY to see if I can chip in some bucks and buy us a 20 Slot Vent Server...

Don't worry about the 20 slot vent server, GSC is basicallly the same thing, kinda like xfire but it has 200 slots when you make the server.

But by all means, if he can get the TS Server, then go for it unless we get another vent server like.

v

GrahamCrakaz wrote:My friend has a 100 slot private server is Combat Arms EU (I was born there gimme some credit), im gonna see if theres anyway he can transfer me the info and if we can use it here. GO RUSSIANS!

He has a 100 slot vent server for CA EU? That's great, now depending on where its from our ping might be like 200, but nevertheless, that's fine.
Manneh
Manneh
SmexehDanceParty Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Eavil Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:40 am

i think the vent server just expired Mad i cant get back on it

also, i lost all my abandoned vent channels when i updated my pc from xp to 7 Mad
Eavil
Eavil
A Name Known to All
A Name Known to All

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kiraniskool?l=english

Back to top Go down

Post  Rude4dude Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:56 am

Eavil wrote:i think the vent server just expired Mad i cant get back on it

also, i lost all my abandoned vent channels when i updated my pc from xp to 7 Mad

It's not i can get on
Rude4dude
Rude4dude
Has A Spectacular Aura
Has A Spectacular Aura

Back to top Go down

Post  suppasoldja Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 am

Maybe if we wish REALLLLY hard for the vent to stay for a long time, IT WILL COME TRUE!!@!@!@!@
suppasoldja
suppasoldja
In-Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  suppasoldja Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 am

Btw Manneh I dont mind 200 ping cause i had 8000 on our vent once.... Like a boss.
suppasoldja
suppasoldja
In-Game Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rude4dude Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:41 am

Manneh wrote:

v

[

Fak i still dont know how to make a down arrow
Rude4dude
Rude4dude
Has A Spectacular Aura
Has A Spectacular Aura

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyStone Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Rude4dude wrote:
Manneh wrote:

v

[

Fak i still dont know how to make a down arrow

You really are a stupid fuck.
GreyStone
GreyStone
Resident Forum Baddie & SmexehDanceParty Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rude4dude Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:52 pm

↑ dammit → dammit ↓ dammit \/ Smile / and \ Smile me happy lol i was jk about the arrows
Rude4dude
Rude4dude
Has A Spectacular Aura
Has A Spectacular Aura

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyStone Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:24 pm

Rude4dude wrote:↑ dammit → dammit ↓ dammit \/ Smile / and \ Smile me happy lol i was jk about the arrows

v ^ < >
GreyStone
GreyStone
Resident Forum Baddie & SmexehDanceParty Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down